Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review ~ BITTERSWEET, by Sarah Ockler

From the author of Twenty Boy Summer, a teen pushes the limits to follow her dreams—and learns there’s a fine line between bitter and sweet....Once upon a time, Hudson knew exactly what her future looked like. Then a betrayal changed her life and knocked her dreams to the ground. Now she’s a girl who doesn’t believe in second chances, a girl who stays under the radar by baking cupcakes at her mom’s diner and obsessing over what might have been. So when things start looking up and she has another shot at her dreams, Hudson is equal parts hopeful and terrified. Of course, this is also the moment a cute, sweet guy walks into her life—and starts serving up some seriously mixed signals. She’s got a lot on her plate, and for a girl who’s been burned before, risking it all is easier said than done. It’s time for Hudson to ask herself what she really wants, and how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get it. Because in a place where opportunities are fleeting, she knows this chance may very well be her last....~From GoodReads


"Like I always say: I've never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn't fix."



Favorite Quote(s):

"I'm cold and horizontal, helplessly pinned beneath a boy. A cute one. Our skates are all tangled up and our hearts are knocking against each other like they're ready to take this outside." (pg. 31)

"His hands are strong as they run along my shoulders and arms, his eyes taking in my face, lips brushing the skin of my neck, whispers hot in my ear until I'm afraid my entire body will turn to mist, leaving nothing of me to bury but the long pale silk of my hair laced through his fingers."  (pg. 272)


Watch it and drool.



Published January 3rd 2012 by Simon Pulse

You can purchase BITTERSWEET at:
Barnes & Noble  |  Amazon  |  Book Depository 

Source: Personal purchase.   

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your review + the quotes + books summary have me intrigued. I need to read this book asap! It sounds fab. Great review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the vlog review hon!! You did fantastic. I still have to read Bittersweet. I bought it when it came out, but still haven't had a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one. Love seeing your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm so happy you loved this, Andrea! I thought the book was adorable and it totally made me hungry for cupcakes. And it's so cute that you did a vlog! :) Love it.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen you do a vlog review before, but this is awesome! Great job with the review and your delivery of it. No need to be self-conscious about it. The book sounds beautifully written just as your passages make them out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I want to say that I loved the Vlog review! I hope you do them more often :-)
    I've had this book on my TBR, just need to buy it now! I'm a huge hockey fan and I love that this is part of the book. This sounds like a great story. I love the cupcake chapter titles too!
    I won Twenty Boy Summer on a blog giveaway but haven't gotten to it yet, but since you loved her writing so much, I will be moving that up on the TBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for vlog reviews. :D I wish I was good enough at collecting my thoughts to be able to do a good vlog review lol. You did an excellent job with the review though. I have been hearing a lot about this book, and I actually almost bought it once but decided to get something else. I guess I should try to pick up a copy soon though, especially after listening to your review. And I have to agree with Amber about the chapter titles. I've only read a few books by Sarah Dessen, but I really liked that you compared it to her books, that has me even more excited to read it lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review Twinsie. I love the VLOG. I'm doing one next week for Fifty Shades.
    This book sounds really cute. I'm going to add it to my TBR list. ;-) You know how I am with cupcakes heehee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah I love your accent! LOVE IT!! Haha. And glad you liked this I thought it was cute and made me hungry!! Love your face Andrea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! I feel totally stupid because I had no idea this was even about an ice skater helping a hockey team but then I re-read the synopsis and it really doesn't give much about it or mention ice skating at all. I just thought she was a baker lol That is why great reviews like this are so very important. I thought it sounded cute but you definitely persuaded me. I like the storyline of teams coming together and improving. I love movies like that as well. I think it is a neat idea to have her help the hockey team and of course crashing into a hot guy helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! That second one seems like a pretty intense moment! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post