Monday, March 5, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.


Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.


This week's Teaser is from
The Catastrophic History of You and Me
Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever.

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces? ~From GoodReads 



My Teaser:

"There it was, exactly as the x-ray said it would be. Even though their science couldn't explain it. Even though it was the sort of thing that only happened in sappy love songs. I peered in over my father's shoulder, over my dead body, and stared. There she was.

My heart.

Sleeping. Silent. And severed in perfect, equal, extraordinary halves."  (pg.17, ARC)


Catastrophic History was a pretty amazing book. I'll have my review up later this week.

Hardcover, 400 pages
Published February 21st 2012 by Penguin Young Readers Group

You can purchase THE CATASTROPHIC HISTORY OF YOU AND ME at:
Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository  |  Amazon

16 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one! And I will! I just ordered it from BAM!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of this book, but didn't know the premise. The girl's heart literally breaks in half? I wonder how that logic worked its way into the story. It sounds really interesting and different, and the teaser is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my TBR list but have not picked it up yet. Great teaser!

    My Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is in my TBR list! I think the plot is special.

    Here's my teaser for the week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard some really great things about this one! Thanks for the description and great teaser. I'll have to add this one to the pile. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine:

    http://wickedlybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this teaser. I really want to read this book. I've heard only good things.

    My Teaser is from Croak and can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds really good and you chose a great teaser. This book caught my eye just by its name. Onto the everygrowing TBR list it goes :)

    My Teaser is from BaSatai: Outside In.

    There are a couple of giveaways on my blog at the moment too if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Teaser. This book sounds really fantastic. I am going to have to read it sometime soon.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this does sound good...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping to get this book this week in the mail! Can't wait to read it!
    http://www.autumnreview.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-36.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice teaser! enjoy.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday.html

      Delete
  11. That is a beautiful written, but very sad teaser. To die of a broken heart! I really want to read this book! Great Pick! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser Andrea :) !! I'm really curious about this book and I actually have no idea why but I still haven't read a review on it .. so obviously I really look forward to read yours :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa. Okay, that's really cool. Awesome, AWESOME teaser! Thanks for sharing :)

    My Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard a lot of great things about this one! I can't wait to see your review.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post