Monday, March 19, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.
This week's Teaser is from
Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone. ~From GoodReads

 My Teaser ~

"I wasn't sure which was worse: the thought of Henry expecting me to sleep with him, or the thought of Henry not wanting to sleep with me at all."

You can pre-order GODDESS, INTERRUPTED at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository

20 comments:

  1. When am I going to start reading this series?!?! Sorry, just having an argument with myself. I have the first book but I don't know when I'm ever going to have time for it. Ugh.... I wish I had more hours in the day, more days in the week, etc.

    Great teaser, too. Leaves me confused and wondering, but the best ones do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to get the first book in this series. I've been hearing nothing but awesome stuff about these books. Thanks for reminding me...I think I'll go purchase book 1 right now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! And I agree with the quote. I have definitely been in situations where I'm not sure which one of those things I'm hoping for. lol Thanks for visiting My TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser...totally sets the mood for the book. Can't wait to read your review of this one! Sounds like we both had issues with it. Curious if you liked this one better than The Goddess Test...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, that would be quite the dilemma...I wonder what she'll decide.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome teaser!! I am going to read this hopefully this weekend. I can't wait to start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great teaser! Really, I can't think which one is worse either if that happened to me lol

    My FF

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Greek mythology. This one looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a teaser! I haven't read the first book, but it looks like I might need to be adding this series to my TBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I've been meaning to start this series, but haven't got around to it.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my TT

    Doodle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of this series, good teaser!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday_20.html

      Delete
  11. I. Need. This. Book.

    Great teaser, thanks for sharing!

    My Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo! I've heard of this book but just haven't had time to read it. sounds good though!

    http://shaynagier.com/teaser-tuesday-320.html/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love theses Teaser Tuesday posts. I really need to participate myself one of these days.
    Good quote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to read the first book in this series so I can learn what happens next.

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Kate! I am a big fan of this series so far.

    Hope you are enjoying it!
    Amanda @ Letters Inside Out - TT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh.... I have not heard of this book or the author before. That was a great teaser and I love the book cover. I am going to be adding this to me TBR pile. Is this part of a series or a stand alone book? And is it YA? Thanks
    Please stop by my blog at Belle's Book Bag and let me know what you think about my TT. It is only the second one that I have done.
    Mariann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post