Monday, March 26, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.
This week's Teaser is from
From the author of Twenty Boy Summer, a teen pushes the limits to follow her dreams—and learns there’s a fine line between bitter and sweet....Once upon a time, Hudson knew exactly what her future looked like. Then a betrayal changed her life and knocked her dreams to the ground. Now she’s a girl who doesn’t believe in second chances, a girl who stays under the radar by baking cupcakes at her mom’s diner and obsessing over what might have been. So when things start looking up and she has another shot at her dreams, Hudson is equal parts hopeful and terrified. Of course, this is also the moment a cute, sweet guy walks into her life—and starts serving up some seriously mixed signals. She’s got a lot on her plate, and for a girl who’s been burned before, risking it all is easier said than done. It’s time for Hudson to ask herself what she really wants, and how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get it. Because in a place where opportunities are fleeting, she knows this chance may very well be her last....~From GoodReads


I posted my review for BITTERSWEET yesterday, but this book is so beautiful that I couldn't resist sharing another quote!

My Teaser~

"I close my eyes and throw my head back, big impossible flakes landing on my face and blotting out the sound, and for a moment, everything is still. I'm trapped in a giant snow globe, bound to the surface of the ice, nothing left to do but wait for someone to upturn and shake the world, set me back on my feet, and watch the sky fall."  (pg. 280)


Published January 3rd 2012 by Simon Pulse

You can purchase BITTERSWEET at:
Barnes & Noble | Amazon | Book Depository

22 comments:

  1. Very beautiful quote! I still need to watch your vlog review. I will soon. I can't seem to find 9 minutes of peace and quite lately though! Later tonight I will.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! My teaser comes from The Three Musketeers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great teaser some books have so many it's hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quote...and what a nice impression of winter. Thanks for sharing. =)

    My Teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely quote! You are right, this one is a really beautiful book. (And it also made me have a major craving for cupcakes/icing.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to get to this one soon...it's just been sitting on my shelf, waiting for me to find the time. But all the great reviews make me want to read it NOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great teaser!! I am tempted to pick up my book and start reading it right now! *eyes the shelf* Thanks for sharing hon!!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser. I have yet to get around to it. Maybe when my review pile is down a little!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous teaser! I have been curious about this author, and this one sounds fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Very visual teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the snow globe comparison. Long ago I read Bitter Sweet by LaVyrle Spencer, but it seems the only similarity between that book and this one is the title. This one looks like a winner.
    My teaser is here:

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really beautiful scene. Great teaser. I'm going to have to look this book up.
    Here's my Teaser and if you want to check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser Andrea :) !! I'm glad you loved this book .. I really have to pick up a copy soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have wanted to read this book for so long now! I really need to get around to buying it like I almost did the day it came out...It looks so incredibly amazing! Great tease Andrea!

    You can check out my teaser here.

    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. That sounds like a really good book. I'm totally adding to to my TBR pile. It sounds awesome. Great pick Twinsie! I love the teaser!

    My TT: http://hackaroosreviews.com/2012/03/27/teaser-tuesday-32712/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That quote has beautiful imagery. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's an interesting visual! Beautifully written. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic teaser. I've seen this one around a lot lately. I really need to grab a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this teaser! Makes me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen this book a lot lately too! Nice teaser! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post